I graduated from Newcastle University with an MSc in Speech and Language Pathology in 2006 after completing an Undergraduate degree in Human Communication Studies from Manchester University.
I have worked in schools in Surrey for the last twelve years providing speech and language therapy for children aged 4-18. I am now working independently offering services and support to individual families and within schools.
My experience includes working with children with:
- attention and listening difficulties (processing language and recalling information)
- language delay/disorder (difficulty linking words, forming sentences, ordering words, using vocabulary and grammar, following instructions, understanding stories or using narrative),
- speech sound delay/disorder (phonological awareness, auditory discrimination, articulation)
- selective mutism (social anxiety and following the 'Sliding in' method)
- ASD (social communication, interaction and higher level language)
- deafness/hearing loss (including cochlear implant users)
I have experience of speech and language therapy both as a professional and as a mother of three children - two with additional speech and language needs.
I have experience of working closely with parents, teachers, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists.
I am a member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) and registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC).
I am committed to continuing professional development and my training includes:
- PECS (Picture Exchange Communication Systems)
- Attention Autism
- Social Stories
- Intensive Interaction
I live in Farnham, Surrey, and work in the Surrey / Hampshire area offering appointments within the family home or schools.